Healthcare and Seniors
- Congress has attacked Healthcare for all Americans. We need a bipartisan solution to healthcare. At the same time, Congress receives a large subsidy for its healthcare.
- The current tax plan wants to reduce Medicare by Hundreds of Billions over 10 years. I won't let that happen.
- I will protect the benefits of our seniors including Social Security and Medicare.
- Let' create a health care plan that is affordable and sustainable for everyone.
- Recently passed Tax Reform gave the middle class a time limited tax break.
- It also took away an exemption for parents when a child turns 17.
- It will increase the deficit by $1.5 Trillion dollars and some will be taken from Medicare $474B.
- Meanwhile corporations received a permanent 14% tax break and
- Inheritance tax for the rich was reduced.
- Let's start taking care of someone besides the wealthy.
- Protecting our environment and the future of our planet must be a national priority.
- President Trump wants to abandon the Paris Climate accord without consideration of global warming.
- I will support measures to further reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, encourage solar power, and protect our environment.
- Join me and I will support legislation aimed at protecting our planet for future generations.
- Our children cannot afford college because of skyrocketing costs.
- Large student loans prohibit our young educated Americans from enjoying the benefits of education. I will push for tax credits on tuition and loans to reduce this burden. In turn, this will grow the economy more than any tax cut proposed for the extremely wealthy.
- I choose to represent the Voters of Maryland by being honest about changes and ensuring a better future for hard working Americans.
- I Grew up in a family of 5 children. My father was a Fireman and my mother worked for Sears. I have three children (two young men and 1 young woman) all in their 20s.
- Graduated from Temple University with a degree in Accounting and later earned an MBA from the University of Delaware.
My wife Jen works for the Army and served during the Gulf War.
Worked 33 years for the Department of Defense. I began work at Aberdeen Proving Ground; later the Pentagon; then Columbus, Ohio and finally retired from Aberdeen, MD in 2014.
- Managed over 3,000 people at 23 sites around the world maintaining operations and reducing personnel. I eliminated waste and improved business processes through sound management and electronic commerce. I will bring this ability to Congress.
Dealt extensively with the Senate and House committees and managed budgets for DoD of over $23 billion.
- Know first-hand the importance of healthcare for my family and others with preexisting conditions.
- I have seen efficiencies and waste throughout my career and know we can do better.
- Strongly believe in working together to make a difference.
- Echo Senator John McCain's values and sentiments - We must work together in a bipartisan manner to overcome our differences.
- Congress is NOT getting the job done - We need to make a difference.
- I intend to represent the people of our District and fight for what is right and fair.
- Join me in the Maryland Election 2018 for US Congress District 1.
I need your support and pledge my support to Maryland Voters. A small contribution can make a BIG change!
Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") carefully before contributing on http://worton4congress.org (Voters for Steve Worton). Your access to and use of the worton4congress.org is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use this website. By accessing or using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then please do not contribute.
Donation Refund Policy
For donations made using the worton4congress.org website, if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Voters for Steve Worton – John Kovac, Treasurer, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 days of your donation. You'll have to use the contact form on worton4congress.org website to ask for this refund.
We will not sell, share or trade our donors' names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Voters for Steve Worton, both online and offline, on any Platform ("Platform", includes worton4congress.org website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors' information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.